Subject: Re: Dem Bones
From: "Paul Davies" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 94 08:58:54 EDT

Neil writes: 
> Can I make some bones
> animation and save it independently of any object? Then later read it in
> and attach it to an object. Thanks.
> 
I believe that bones MUST be attached to an object. What you can do is make some
generic geometry attach and animate bones. By using the REPLACE OBJECT button 
you can switch the geometry later and maintain the original bone placement and 
motions. You may need to tweek the bone positions and alignments if they don't 
line up with the new geometry - too bad you can't have null objects in you bone 
hierarchy, I use tiny bones too small to effect the object instead. Save your 
bones animation seperately. This way you can use LOAD OBJECTS FROM SCENE to 
bring all the bones and their motion into any new scene you create.

paul

Paul Davies
Artist/Animator
CapDisc
[email-masked]  or  uunet!capitol!davies